Make a Difference
Make a difference in a child’s life. Jake’s Dragon Foundation gives children with cancer and their families the support they need to minimize financial burdens they face. You can help us by:
Start a fundraiser. Ideas include:
- fitness fundraiser
- Host a signature event with our parent organization, ACCO- *PJammin events, *GoGold events (ask us more about these!)
- Get your sports team or community group together to host a fundraiser- Be creative!
- Host a Lego event. Jake was the master builder.
- Get invoved in September Light Up Philly (and beyond) gold. Contact your local buildings who can change their lighting in 2022 to Gold in support of Childhood Cancer Awareness (This year the date is September 8, 2022)
- Join one of our existing events.
- Volunteer with us- we are always in need of volunteers and happy to give hours for Honor Society, etc.
- Ask your workplace/company to help us out by being a sponsor at one of our events.
- Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know?
- 1 in 285 children will be diagnosed with cancer.
- 43 children per day or 15,780 children per year are expected to be diagnosed with cancer.
- More than 95% of childhood cancer survivors will have a significant health related issue by the time they are 45 years of age. These health related issues are side-effects of either the cancer or more commonly, the result of its treatment.
- Cancer is the number one cause of death by disease among children.
- Since 1980, fewer than 10 drugs have been developed for use in children with cancer. Only three drugs (teniposide and clofarabine, and Unituxin for use in high risk neuroblastoma) have been approved for use in children. Only four additional new drugs have been approved for use by both adults and children.
- The average cost of a stay in a hospital for a child with cancer is $40,000.
- Only 4% of federal government cancer research funding goes to study pediatric cancer.
Have an idea for an awareness event?
Jake’s Dragon Foundation
76 W Third Ave Collegeville PA 19426 484-294-1109
This site is powered by
Jake’s very own