- 1 in 285 children will be diagnosed with cancer.
- 43 children per day or 15,780 children per year are expected to be diagnosed with cancer.
- More than 95% of childhood cancer survivors will have a significant health related issue by the time they are 45 years of age. These health related issues are side-effects of either the cancer or more commonly, the result of its treatment.
- Cancer is the number one cause of death by disease among children.
- Since 1980, fewer than 10 drugs have been developed for use in children with cancer. Only three drugs (teniposide and clofarabine, and Unituxin for use in high risk neuroblastoma) have been approved for use in children. Only four additional new drugs have been approved for use by both adults and children.
- The average cost of a stay in a hospital for a child with cancer is $40,000.
- Only 4% of federal government cancer research funding goes to study pediatric cancer.
Why do we want to raise awareness for pediatric cancer?
ON 9/16/2018 JAKE’S DRAGON FOUNDATION HOSTED FAMILIES AFFECTED BY PEDIATRIC CANCER AT THE PHILLIES VS MARLIN GAME. WE ARE HONORED TO BRING OTHER FAMILIES AND ARE WERE EXCITED TO MEET THE BULLPEN!
Have an idea for an awareness event? Submit it here:
Follow us on social media!
Diesel Electric Trains are the Best